Scotland Offers Privacy Statement
This statement explains what we do with people's personal data which we receive through this website, and how people can exercise their rights over it.
Who we are and how to contact us
We are Reach PLC of One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AP. We are the publisher of the Daily Mirror, the Sunday Mirror and their associated titles, and we are the controller of your data.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information in this statement, or about our handling of personal data more generally, or if you would like more detailed information, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the above address for the attention of "Mirror Reader Offers".
This website is operated on our behalf by BVG Group of 3rd Floor Cumberland House, 15-17 Cumberland Place, Southampton, SO15 2BG who will also be responsible for fulfilling any order you may place and dealing with any issues you may have with that order. You should refer to the "Contact Us" section of this website for details of how to contact them.
When you place an order, we will collect from you the following information:
• Your name, address and telephone number
• Your email address
BVG Group will use that information on our behalf to manage and fulfil your order, to communicate with you about it and to resolve any issues with it. If we ask them to do so, they will also pass it to us or allow us to access it, so that we can make sure that Mirror Reader Offers is being operated correctly. They will not do anything else with it unless they are obliged to by law.
We will keep this information for 24 months. BVG Group will keep it for as long they need to in order to honour the relevant product warranty, which may be up to 5 years.
We do this on the basis that it is necessary to fulfil your order, except for our monitoring of Mirror Reader Offer's operation which we do on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring that you have a good experience and that our brand and reputation is not damaged through BVG Airflo group's operation of Mirror Reader Offers.
Your payment card details
At the point of placing an order we will also collect your payment card details from you and pass them to our third party payment processor. We do not retain them ourselves.
Our third party payment processor will then process that payment on our behalf. They will keep your payment record on file for 2 Years in case of disputes, to comply with their legal obligations and to administer matters such as refunds.
We do not ourselves retain a copy of your payment card details.
Our third party payment processors are currently Realex/GlobalIris.
We do this on the basis that it is necessary to process your order.
Weekly offers emails and other marketing materials
If you opt in through our preference centre https://communicatoremail.com/F/QwLGbm2uW_Uqzh7OxRdfRI/, we will also use your email address to send you our weekly reader offers email, and occasional other offer emails from the Reach PLC which are likely to be of interest to our readership.
You can always opt out at any time, by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in each email. You can also use our preference centre https://communicatoremail.com/F/QwLGbm2uW_Uqzh7OxRdfRI/, to fine-tune the content of the emails you receive to make them more relevant to you, if you wish.
We will keep your email address for this purpose for 24 months or until you unsubscribe, if earlier.
We do this on the basis of your consent.
Accounts on the website
If you wish, you can create an account on our website to make placing orders quicker and easier. If you do, we will retain the information you provide when you set up that account in order to administer it. We won't use it for any other purpose.
We will keep that information for as long as your account is actively used, and for 24 months afterwards.
We do this on the basis that it is necessary to provide the account feature to you.
Website analytics and cookies
When you visit the website, we will set certain "cookies" on your device. Some of them are necessary to allow the site to work (for example, the site needs to place a "session" cookie in order to enable you to navigate the site and to place orders). However, the site also uses a third party service called Google Analytics to gather information about how people use the site, in order to help us and BVG Airflo Group to improve it and fix problems with it. The final result as presented to us by Google is statistical in nature and does not identify you personally. You can learn more about it here: [https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en].
We do this on the basis of our legitimate interest in understanding how the site is used.
Retargeted advertising and cookies
Your rights and how to exercise them
European and UK privacy laws give you certain rights in respect of the data that we hold about you. Below is a short overview of those rights.
• With some exceptions, you have the right to have a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. We may make a reasonable charge for additional copies of that data beyond the first copy, based on our administrative costs. Where the data is data that you have given to us, you have the right to receive your copy of it in a common electronic format, and to provide copies of it to other people if you wish.
• You have the right to have the personal data we hold about you corrected if it is factually inaccurate.
• In some circumstances, you have the right to have personal data that we hold about you erased (the "right to be forgotten"). This right is not generally available where we still have a valid legal reason to keep the data (for example, if we are obliged to do so by law).
• You have the right to require us to stop using your personal data for marketing purposes.
• You also have the right in some circumstances to request that temporary restrictions are placed on how we process your personal data, For example if we are processing it on the basis of our legitimate interest, and you contest our assessment that our interest is not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms.
• If we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, in which case we will stop that processing unless we have another legal basis on which to continue.
In order to protect you and others, we may require you to prove your identity before you exercise these rights.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data, you have the right to complain to your local data protection authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office. You can reach them through their website at http://ico.org.uk.